With the State of Michigan lifting outdoor pool restrictions, SJRYC will no longer require pool reservations at the club. Please note our updated pool hours below.
In the past our pool has been a very busy place. With that in mind, we’d like to remind members of our pool rules and guest policy.
Adult members have first priority to pool lounge chairs. Please be considerate to your fellow members and do not hold chairs for longer than a half hour.
Members may bring up to 6 pool guests at any one time. Additional guests must be arranged with the Club Manager in advance to assure staffing is appropriate.
Guests of members must obtain a wristband prior to entering the pool area. Wristbands can be purchased at the Rhumbline and Keepers bars for $2.00. Guests are limited to two pool visits per month.
Please sign yourself and your guests in during each visit in the log book located at the pool entrance. We will have staff conducting member and guest check-ins during peak pool hours. Staff has been trained to confirm club membership, so having your membership card or photo ID handy is very helpful.
Please make sure children that are not potty-trained are wearing a swim diaper/and swim pants at all times while in the pool. This is very important in helping us keep our pool open and sanitary all summer!
We can all work together to make our pool an enjoyable place for everyone. Thank you in advance for abiding by the pool rules and policies and we look forward to seeing you at the club!
SJRYC Management and Staff
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 12pm – 9pm
SATURDAY: 11am – 9pm
(Rhumbline Bar and Club open at 12pm)
SUNDAY: 12pm – 8pm
***We also offer morning lap swim
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6:30am – 8am
Lifeguard on duty. Hot showers.***
SJRYC POOL RULES
• Adult Members have first priority to pool lounge chairs.
• Adults shall not save or hold chairs for longer than a half hour.
• Non-Member guests of the SJRYC must wear a Club wristband prior to entering the pool. Wristbands are purchased at the Rhumbline Bar for a fee of $2.00. Guests are limited to two visits per month.
• Children 10 years and under are not permitted in the pool area unless accompanied by a parent or responsible escort who is at least 15 years of age. Lifeguard has final discretion on children age 11 and over.
• There is a limit of 6 guests per membership, at any one time. If a Member will be accompanied by 7-12 guests, special arrangements must be made with the Club Manager in advance to assure there is an appropriate number of Lifeguards at the pool. A fee will be charged to cover the expense of the additional Lifeguards.
• All children who are not potty-trained must wear swim pants/swim diaper when in the pool. Swim pants and diapers are available for purchase at the Rhumbline Bar.
• Swimmers must be able to swim one (1) length of the pool to swim in the deep end.
• Rafts and large floats are prohibited in the pool for safety reasons. Children using flotation devices to aid in swimming must be accompanied by an adult nearby. Noodles and other toys may be used at Lifeguard’s discretion.
• All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
• No outside food or beverages are allowed at the Club (as per the State of Michigan Health Code). No food is allowed at any time within the gated pool area. Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages purchased at the Club may be consumed in the gated pool area.
• Swimmers must use only the adjacent lavatory facilities, not those on the 2nd or 3rd floors of the clubhouse.
• Members must wear footwear and a “cover” over swimsuits in the clubhouse. Wet swimsuits are not allowed in the clubhouse, except for the lavatories or hallways to same.